Warm Delicious Chicken Pot Pie
- 2 cooked chicken breasts, cut in cubes
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 cup frozen soy beans
- 2 cups chopped carrots
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 1/2 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1/2 teaspoon 21 seasoning (option)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 egg for egg wash
- 1 package puff pastry
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a sauté pan with medium heat; sauté the onions with medium heat for 5 minutes.
- Add carrots, soybeans and celery, cook until vegetables are tender.
- Add chicken broth and cook until boiling.
- Meanwhile in microwave oven, heat the milk on high for about 40 seconds, add flour and whisk constantly to avoid formation of lumps.
- Add in the milk mixture in the sauce and cook in low heat until thickened.
- Add the chicken and frozen peas, mix well; season with salt and pepper.
- Divide and pour the filling into 6-8 ovenproof cups.
- Divide the puff pastry into quarters.
- Brush the egg wash to outside edges of each cup, and place the dough on top. Let the dough hang over the side, and then press it to stick. Brush the dough with egg wash; make a tiny cut for air to vent out.
- Place pot pies on a baking sheet and bake for 20-25 minutes, or until the top is golden brown and the soup is hot and bubbly.
Serve in warm.