Ingredients: (makes 8 servings)
- 1 pound medium size shrimps, shelled and devein
- 8 ounces port tenderloin, shredded
- 1 package dried rice stick (prefer the product from Taiwan)
- 1 large carrot, shredded
- 2 celery stalks, shredded
- ½ bag bean sprouts
- 1/2 pound fresh mushrooms or 6 dried shiitake mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon dried shrimp, soaked and drained
- 2 shallots, finely chopped
- 1 jalapeño, finely sliced
- 4 stalks scallions, 2 -finely chopped; 2-thinly sliced
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 cup chicken stock or water
- vegetable oil
- Marinate shrimp with 1 egg white, salt, 1 tbsp white wine and pinch of cornstarch.
- Shred pork tenderloin; marinate with 1 tsp soy sauce, 1 tbsp white wine and pinch of cornstarch.
- Soak rice noodles in warm tap water for a few minutes until soft, drain, set aside.
- Thinly slice the mushrooms, carrot, celery, pepper, jalapeño and green onions.
- In a sauté pan, heat oil on high, stir-fry shrimps until the color changes; remove.
- Heat oil, sauté 1/3 shallots for 30 seconds, stir-fry mushrooms, and all vegetables until tender. Season to taste, remove.
- Heat oil, sauté 1/3 shallots, jalapeño, and garlic, add pork and stir for 3 minutes. Return cooked vegetables and toss until all flavors are combined.
- In a large deep sauce pan, sauté chopped scallion, 1/3 shallots and dried shrimp for a few minutes until aromatic. Deglaze the pan with wine, add chicken stock and soy sauce, and bring to boil. Drop soaked rice noodles, use wooden spoons or chopsticks to lift and toss so the sauce can be coated evenly. Turn the heat to low, cover and cook for two minutes or until the noodles are fully cooked.
- Place half of cooked meat and vegetables to the noodles and toss more. Add chicken stock, water or oil, if needed, to prevent the rice noodles from sticking. Cover and cook more.
10. Return cooked shrimp to the noodles add sliced scallions and toss well, taste for seasonings. If rice noodles are hard, add more stock or water and cook over low heat for 2 more minutes.
11. Transfer to a plate, place the remaining cooked meat and vegetables on top; garnished with more chopped scallions. Serve immediately.