Sweet Rice Cake Squares
- 1 lb package sweet rice flour
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 cup cooking oil
- 2 1/2 cups whole milk
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 can (18 oz) Red Beans (paste)
- 1 cup sliced almond
- 1/2 cup ground peanuts (optional)
- 1 tablespoon sugar (optional)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease with butter to a 9″x13″ baking pan, from the bottom, sides, up to the edge.
- Beat eggs and sugar; add in remaining wet ingredients: oil, milk, vanilla, lemon zest and juice.
- Stir in rice flour and baking powder, mix them well.
- Pour the batter evenly into the prepared grease pan.
- Drop spoonful of red beans paste evenly over the batter.
- Sprinkle almond on top.
- Bake the rice cake until the top is golden brown, about 45-50 minutes.
- Let it cool for 10 minutes; cut into squares (a total of 24 squares).
- Best serve when cakes are still in warm with tooth pick or fork.
- Mix ground peanuts with sugar.
- Dip each rice cake square into peanut sugar mix while cake is warm.