- 1 pound ground pork
- 1 lb white shrimp, peeled, deveined, and chopped
- 2 bunches spinach
- 3 tablespoons chopped green onions
- 1 king oyster mushrooms, minced
- 2 egg whites
- 2 teaspoons minced ginger
- 2 tablespoons white wine
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon salt or on your own level
For home made dough: makes 48 pieces
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1/3 cup tap water
- some flour for work surface
- For the filling
- Combine pork, mushrooms and shrimp in a large mixing bowl and mix with egg white, cooking wine, green onions, ginger, soy sauce, and salt thoroughly.
- Blanche Spinach in boiling water about 30 seconds, squeeze dry and chop finely, squeeze dry again, add to the meat mixture.
- Drop sesame oil in and mix it well again. Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
- For the dough
- In a large bowl mix flour with 1 cup of boiling water and stir until water is absorbed. Continue adding the rest water and mixing thoroughly.
- Knead the dough well, let stand and cover with a damp towel for 30 minutes.
- Remove the dough to floured board, knead again until smooth.
- Divide the dough into 48 pieces. Take each piece of dough and form a flattened round piece; make the centers slightly thicker than the edges.
- Put 1 Tbsp of filling in the center then fold over to make a half circle and pinch edges together stretch a litter longer.
- In a hot sauté pan coated well with oil, place pot stickers flat side down to cover the entire pan, but not overlapping (about 14-16 pieces). Cook until the bottom is browned. Add two-third cup water and cover.
- Continue to cook until the water is gone, reduce heat to medium low and cook for another minute or so.
- Serve immediately, with dipping sauce.
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons red vinegar
- 1 teaspoon chili sauce, or chili paste
- 1 clove garlic, smashed
- 1 tablespoon cilantro, chopped
- 1 teaspoon minced green onion
Mix all ingredients in a small bowl. This will keep in a sealed container in the refrigerator for several days.